We asked Doug Niemela, Executive Director of Save the Boundary Waters, to tell us about the success of this growing nonprofit. Check it out!
- How Save the Boundary Waters began with just one staffer – Doug himself – but has grown to 16 people.
- The success of having a single-issue focus
- How they communicate in a way that builds bridges and creates unlikely allies
- How they’ve succeeded by fundraising from individual donors vs. foundations
- How Save the Boundary Waters has benefited by locating at COCO since day one.